Wednesday, July 23, 2014

NATURAL HAIR: 2 Years Natural Hair Journey

Ask me and I'll easily tell you RETURNING NATURAL was one of THE best decisions I've ever made in life.  It's funny because I didn't intentionally plan it. I just wanted healthier hair. But an interesting thing happens when one educates themselves.  You learn. You process.  You re-evaluate.  You CHANGE. And in doing so my hair journey evolved into something more than just hair. It has cleansed my mind, renewed my vision, awoken my consciousness, washed away self-doubt, re prioritized my health, and refocused my purpose... because when you finally SEE and ACCEPT the BEAUTY of what the CREATOR has CRAFTED in its ORIGINAL CONTEXT you stop accepting the lies and half-truths from propaganda that's been clouding your judgement all along. And it makes you question and re-evaluate EVERYTHING you've ever been led to believe. 
Along my journey, I've heard so many females compliment me but in the same breath say 'I can't' 'I won't look right' 'I'd look a hot mess' or 'I don't have the right type of head shape, face or hair'... Now while I'm not one to judge a person for their preference I do find it unsettling that some women's preference is more an obligation than an OPTION. You enslave yourself with that type of small thinking. YOU define that which is beautiful, NOT the media (or anyone else for that matter). I can accept that everyone has their own path to take. I simply encourage you to be curious enough to take the first step.  I'm sure you'd be amazed at where your steps can take you. As for me, I know I was destined for this. I look back and am so appreciative of the ups and downs of my JOURNEY. It has helped me see and experience my world differently. So if nothing else here's my takeaway:  'Stop focusing on the other side of the fence because the grass will ALWAYS be GREENER where YOU water it.'
**steps off soapbox**

Submission originally posted March 21, 2014

0 comments:

Post a Comment